Time to make some more videos and do some exploring.
If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you can probably tell that I have done a lot of work around videos here during my time with the Mountain Sky Area, whether it be archiving, editing, or filming. However, I’ve now begun work on one of my last big projects here: documenting Denver area new church starts. And I won’t lie, they all sound like really cool places:
- Be3, “an [inclusive] Thursday night Dinner Church” meeting alongside another United Methodist church in the Montclair neighborhood
- Belong Church, “an inclusive, justice oriented community” meeting in the building of a formerly-closed United Methodist church in Uptown Denver
- Gracia Divina, a Hispanic ministry meeting in the Barnum neighborhood
- The Land, “a budding faith community…gathering people together around food, faith and farming” building a farming and worship center outside on 10 acres in Aurora
- The Neutral Zone, “an intentional community seeking to serve military service members and veterans” based in Colorado Springs
- Tapestry UMC, “a unique worship experience” that meets at the University of Colorado – South Denver campus
I’ll have the opportunity to meet the pastors of these church starts, and for some I’ll be able to film at the places where they meet. So be on the look out for updates as soon as next week.
Until next time,
- This week’s pizzeria: Lucky Pie Pizza in Denver, CO
- Trips taken on The Ride (RTD): a whole number
- Music I listened to while writing this: Direct Hits by The Killers